Nazmiyal Collection » Blog Headline Animator

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Antique Oriental Rugs - A Personal Story

Antique Oriental Rug Gallery

Antique Oriental Rugs
Antique oriental rugs were my favorite things growing up. They were laid around my grandfather’s mansion in every single room, and you could sit on them for hours in comfort and look at all the patterns and colors in a dizzying array of weaving. There were so many in the house because it had so many rooms, and there were ones of every color to look through. Eventually, the rugs were passed on to immediate members of the family when my grandfather died and his house was sold. We were all lucky to get this inheritance because they are such great assets that hold up their value well. Not a lot of people understand the significance of antique oriental rugs today. They think they’re just decorative items or that you can simply duplicate them with a single trip into the rug store. Nothing could be farther from the truth. You cannot duplicate, replicate, recreate, or remake an antique oriental rug because there is so much artistry, craftsmanship, and old world feel inside of them. A ton of people think you can just get any rug, and it will have the same feeling as an oriental rug, but nothing could be further from the truth. Antique oriental rugs are incredibly hard to find at a cheap price, and you have to pay a pretty penny for them, but they are worth it because they are the best rugs you can find. They are better than anything modern as far as rugs go.

When I first moved into my new apartment after graduating from college, I was given some of these rugs for my collection, and I strew them all over the house liberally. Guests were astonished at how rich and rustic my home looked, and I was a formidable contender in the design department on online websites that evaluated home designs and small apartment designs. Everything about oriental rugs adds an old world comfortable feel to what you’ve got in your home. It is a great addition to any home, and it can really make your home feel like a new place. Even though the rugs are old, they still look new to visitors because there is so much artistry woven into them. All of my friends simply adore my antique oriental rugs, and they have become the most important part of my life so far for design sake. They are the central components of my living room. They add an ambience to the room.